Thursday, February 25, 2010

Music & News (SeaWorld)

In light of what happened yesterday at SeaWorld in Florida I thought the following video was fitting. It's a great track titled People Got a Lotta Nerve by Neko Case.


Things like this are inevitable. As horrific as the events may be an animal doesn't go crazy an animal goes "animal". If you're a "Grizzly Man" living with bears, you're bound to be killed. If you have a pet Chimpanzee, it's probably gonna whoop your ass at some point. It's an animal, a wild animal.

I'm not a big fan of SeaWorld or zoo's at that matter, people think they're doing great services to animals by keeping them in captivity but really how can that be? A dozen Kangaroos in an indoor pin smaller than an apartment is no way for an animal to live.

Sure there are some parks that keep endangered animals and some that adopt animals (Tigers, Monkeys, etc) that some dumb-ass person thought would make a good pet, then realized wasn't a good idea. I am so good with that. I'm not good with the reaction people get when an animal attacks and or kills. It's in there nature. Teddy bears cute, big-ass bear kinda scary.

By the way, I love this song and have for quite some time... I'm just gald I have an opportunity to share it with you, on topic.

No comments: