Wednesday, February 10, 2010

#23. Get a Bike (Haro) and Ride it

Well this hasn’t happened yet and it probably wont happen any time soon. As some of you know The Wife and I are expecting our first child. We’re actually rounding the final stretch of things and (She’s) hoping for an early March arrival. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Even though Cash hasn’t made his much anticipated debut I’m still looking ahead to things to come. Biking is definitely on the list of things to do. I remember good times riding bikes with my brother and friends at The Pit. This place was AWESOME -I wonder if it’s still there. We lived in the hood and the pit was actually some abandoned undeveloped piece of land where kids would rally and dirt bikes would growl & fly by. It was a sweet spot for boys who loved riding; we’d take our bikes on sweet jumps, ride along the walls of the pit and race through creeks and trails. Good times. Writing this brings it all back, I really miss riding. I might have to take a trip to the old hood to see if this place still exists, I don’t have a bike but I’ll take some pictures if I can. The No Trespassing sign never stopped me/us before.

Some of my friends had mountain bikes while others had BMX's but I had a Chrome Schwinn frame. Which in it’s day was probably a killer ride, but for me it was just a frame hand-me-down. Did that stop me, NO and it never will. I hooked that beast up with a regular size black tire in the back and a kids-size red tire on the front. Yeah, that’s how I roll, well how I rolled. You best believe I got down with the best of them.

While I really didn’t have a problem with that bike, I fully intend on getting my son a sweet bike that he can proudly roll around the neighborhood on. I’ve wanted a specific type of bike for a while and why not try to find cash one too. Check the pics below for some sweet bikes.

Cash Options:
-Haro Z10 - A perfect bike for the begining rider. Has a parental grip on the back of the seat for training.









My Options:
-Haro Forum Pro Lite - Out of my price range (now) but maybe when it comes time to purchasing one I can get down on it.









-Haro Flightline 20 - A more rugged and affordable setup.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha..I remember "The Pit", not going but you guys hanging out there. But I do remember a bicycle experience, tell me if you remember. Hint: It involved me jump roping.

DY said...

Ahh yes, I remember it well. I think I still get headaches because of it. Jerk, haha.