Monday, October 11, 2010

Music Monday: Skeeter EP


Skeeter EP, dedicated to my brother. Looking back, I can’t really think of too many songs that were part of our childhood existence. We were more of movie character type guys, you know we were Young Guns or we were Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday, of course you were Wayatt and I was Doc, there really wasn’t any other way. But this is a Monday Music post, so, let’s get on with it.

Good Morning Beautiful: This song was pretty much the anthem to our early morning days as we got ready for the grind at Bill Miller Bar-B-Q. You were much “buffer” then. Hahaha.

Life By The Drop: This song meant a lot to me while you were doing your part serving this great nation. Every time I heard this song I immediately thought of you.

My Hero: From the moment the drum blasts, this song jams, it’s a head bobber and it fires me up. From the boy you used to be to the man you are and are going to be, you are my hero. All together now "Aaawweee."

Let it be Me: For all the things I’ve said and haven’t, this song says it all. I’ve waited too long to tell you that if you ever need to hang out, talk or just B.S., I’m your man. You’re my brother, I love you.

Steve Holy - Good Morning Beautiful

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Life by the Drop

Foo Fighters - My Hero

Ray LaMontagne - Let it be Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shot out! Those were the days walking down the street to dominate in some football. I love you man!

DY said...

Good times.