Friday, October 22, 2010

Head Up Chi.

chi cheng, deftones

I've said it many times, Deftones is by far one of my all time favorite bands, their music is fierce, melodic and has heart. When I listen to their music like many other people I am cosumed with so much emotion, from love, heartache and happiness to rage. Their albums are a journey into another world that I am happy to be a part of. I don't know why I never brought it up before, but today as I was listening to their cover of Drive by the Cars, I was thinking about how I missed their Tuesday (10/19/10) show at Stubb's (Sucks for me) and how they've had to replace Chi Cheng (Bassist / Poet).

I decided to look for some information on Chi and was heartbroken as I continued to read. As you may or may not know Chi Cheng was in a horrific car accident in Santa Clara, California in November of 2008 and has been in a "minimally concious state" coma ever since. I remember when I first herad of the accident I honestly didn't think much of it, I mean, he's a rock star and stars are untouchable. I assumed he'd be fine and out of the hospital in time to continue working on the "Eros" album that was expected to drop in 2009. It's nearly 2 years later and he's showing signs of inprovement; on the benefit website One Love For Chi, his mother talks about him "waking up" and slightly moving his head, but he still has a long way to go on his road to recovery.

I've got to stop typing now, cause I am terribly saddened the more I think of it. But it really puts life in perspective and what is and what should be important to me and all of us. It's sometimes hard but we should all be happy for today because the promise of tomorrow isn't there. To my family and friends , know that I love you.

I wish Chi and his family and friends all the best. One.



[Image Via]: One Love for Chi

No comments: