Friday, November 12, 2010

Austin Burger Bracket: UPDATE

Whur all muh burgers zat? My brother and I started this deal over 4 months ago but since have been slacking on the whole Austin Burger Bracket. I don't know what happened; I started off strong, eating a burger at least twice a week (sometimes from the same joint, but I was trying to be thorough), I even gained a little over ten pounds. Dats what I'm talkin-bout.

Now... It's been over 2 months since I last posted about the bracket, too damn long. But with the holiday's just around the bend I think beef is gonna take a back seat to the bird, turkey that is and possibly a couple dozen tamales. That's right it's that time of year, Turkey's in the driver seat with Tamales ridding shotgun and Burgers bagged in the back, nah-mean?

I don't want this to carry over to 2011 and actually (maybe foolishly) thought I'd consume a bracket's worth of burgers (Thirty-two) by now, but that hasn't happened yet. But in the spirit of competition I will still choose a winner from the burgers I was able to devour (Only 9 joints so far)... Still not sure when that will be but definitely before the clock strikes midnight on 2010.

No comments: