Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Austin Burger Bracket - Dan's Hamburgers

Sunday, The Wife and I woke up a bit late. We had a few errands to run and little time to do them in. That's when she said the most beautiful words a man can hear, "Blah blah blah, Go to Dan's, blah blah blah." I heard what I needed to hear. And I am glad there is a Dan's in our sleepy little town.

Dan's: Hello, how may I help you.
DY: Yes ma'am, I'd like a Large Cheeseburger, with mustard, no onions and a small fry.
Dan's: Anything else for you?
DY: Yes, a Medium Cheeseburger, with mayo, no pickles a small fry and add a small mashed potatoes to that.
Dan's: Your guest #70.
DY: Thank you. :)

No matter what number I am it never gets called quick enough. Don't get me wrong, I don't have to wait extremely long or anything, its just that I can NOT wait to have a Dan's Hamburger in possession.

Dan's is an Austin Icon and if you ask me, the BEST burger in town. But for the sake of the burger bracket I must eat, taste and compare it to the competition. A sacrifice I am willing to take. I've enjoyed burgers from Dan's for years, more than I can remember and while they serve more than just burgers I can't stray far from the menu. But if my younger brother orders some chicken strips and gravy, you bes bulee I'm gettin a taste.

Dan's: Number 70, your order is ready, number 70.

I pop up and grab our order, sit down, fumble with my camera and snap a picture. Now, don't let this picture fool you, it does no justice to the supreme aroma and taste I have before me. I was in such a rush to fill my mouth the certified Angus beef that is hugged between toasted buns that I could barely snap the picture before I took my first bite. From the first warm bite to the last, this burger packs all the taste a burger lover needs. The lightly toasted bun soaks up the moistness of the tender beef, the cheese melts with ease in between each and the vegetables are spot on.


Number one in my heart (And belly), Dan's is right on in every way, taste, cost and friendliness of staff, etc. I've only had good experiences and as long as their doors are open I will continue enjoying there food (burgers). By the way, be sure to wash your hands before you leave, if you don't you'll be craving more burgers later as the aroma lingers. Mmm mmmm mmmmm!

No comments: