Friday, December 28, 2007

#32 Buy a CD a Month & Write a Review (1/33)


COMMON - Be - May 24, 2005












Thank you Crystal for the gift of this album.

Okay, the CD is in the player and my from the intro my head is bumpin! This is my first ever attempt at a review as well as my first time to listen to a full Common album. With that said... This album offers a fused feel of gospel, R&B and Hip-Hop. Common's voice sets the mood for every track with his naturally smooth voice. Considered a rapper I'd dare to say he is more of a poet accompanied by music. After several spins in the player, I feel this album lacks deep substance but for what it is, it's good, not the greatest but good.

My favorite tracks and Lyrics:
The Corner: We write songs about wrong cuz its hard to see right / Look to the sky, hoping it will bleed light / Reality's a bitch, and I heard that she bites

Go: (Go) And a ooh baby she liked it raw and like rain when she came it poured
(Go) Freaky like the daughter of a pastor, said I was bait for her to master

Faithful: I was rollin' around, in my mind it occurred / What if God was a her? / Would I treat her the same? Would I still be runnin' game on her? / In what type of ways would I want her? / Would I want her for her mind or her heavenly body?
Walk this earth for her, glory, I'm grateful / To be in her presence I try to stay faithful

They Say: They say "life is a game," so I play hard / Writin for my life cause I'm scared of a day job

No comments: