Thursday, December 09, 2010

"In Sleep"

During the week my routine with Lil Money is pretty much the same; sometimes we visit Mimi but most times we get home, eat a little, get our read on then I put the TV to one of those music channels our cable provides. You know the series of channels that hosts specific genres of music but no videos? Yeah, that kind. Well yesterday while we were sitting there I heard this song and as her haunting voice sang the verse with the passion of love and pain, I immediately thought the singer, Lissie, sounded like Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries. But then the chorus breaks in and all of sudden I have visions Pat Benatar maneuvering a battlefield.

Instantly I’m hooked and I listen more and find that the lyrics are simply beautiful, and I could easily sing along even though it was only my first time hearing it. And when that’s enough they break into a guitar solo and now they’ve got me thinking about how many different way’s I want to hear this song… This song that I haven’t even heard all the way through for the first time.

From the beginning her voice is familiar then add that the song is, for lack of a better word, catchy, then the solo… The first thought when I heard the guitar was, how awesome it would be to hear a version with Carlos Santana on guitar. Then I thought, why not a whole band, maybe The Roots. Sounds like some next level shit. And of course I think this song deserves a dance beat for the club, maybe a Chromeo take or DJ Mel. Either way, you spin it this song jams.

Lissie - In Sleep

No comments: