Thursday, December 02, 2010

Fallingwater - Frank Lloyd Wright

Often times during the day I find myself traveling sporadically through the world wide interwebs in search of the next thing that comes to mind. That's who I am and that's what I do, if you know me you know I've got catalogs of interests and a curious mind. I'm the type of person who has read bits of a lot of books, not due to boredom but due to the fact that while reading my mind tends to wander from one subject to another. I could be reading Your Baby's First Year then somehow and instantaneously jump into The Art of War and in another flash start up where I left off on The Tipping Point. Sometimes I don't even know how I got to where I am, but it's never a dull moment and that's what sparked this post.

Today my search was relatively simple, in that I was researching modern living and architecture (See I told you) when I came across Frank Lloyd Wright's - Fallingwater, which was designed in 1935. Upon first glimpse of the structure and surroundings I was in awe and in love with it. The house was designed to sit on top of a running waterfall, which makes it look as though it is floating over it rather than set on a firm foundation.

This is the type of house I'd love to live in and I can say the same goes for The Wife too and what an exciting place for Lil Money to grow up and play in. What I love most about this house is the opportunity it gives you to have living spaces that are indoors and out all at the same time. I don't know if I'll ever have the chance to live in a home like this but I can dream.

I'm not going to attempt to go on and on about it; as I mentioned before,I only found out about this today so I am not at all completely knowledgeable on the house or the architect. But, I will let you enjoy the images of the house and the seasons it experiences.

Winter

Spring

Summer
 
Autumn


No comments: