Tuesday, April 17, 2012

#50 Hand Write and Send Letter. DONE.

In this case it was a "Thank you" letter/note. 

As you can tell from some of my recent posts [Here & Here], I've been playing disc golf and I'm really enjoying the game and the outdoor physical activity. Before I ruptured my Achilles a good friend of mine, "Beans", tore some ligaments in his leg on a disc golf course as he took a bad step walking down hill. During his recovery I mentioned to him that when he was able, we should go throw together. 

Fast forward a few months and I'm the one with an injury. 

After I had somewhat healed and had a good amount of strength and mobility in my leg he calls me up to invite me to play disc golf with him. I was a bit hesitant and very nervous but I met him and some other friends on the course and had a blast. I've honestly not had this much fun playing outside since my days of playing football. The competition, the camaraderie, the smell of the outdoors, the grass and even the smell of my dirty clothes after throwing take me back to my youth. I wish I started playing earlier. 

So, after a few weeks of playing I knew I had to thank him for getting my bum ass off the couch and inviting me out to throw with him and the guys. I grabbed a pen and a thank you card and let him know how thankful I was. 

I should also thank my step-father for hooking me up with an awesome starter kit, a brand new bag full of discs and a practice putting basket. But for him, I think a day or more with him on the course will serve better than a thank you note, I know he loves this game. 


***   ***   ***


To see more of my 101 things to do in 1001 days click HERE

No comments: