Monday, January 31, 2011

Music Monday: Sleigh Bells - Run The Heart


It’s about 7:30, 8 on any given weekday; dinner has been eaten, toys have been played with and it’s bath time. Lil Money and I head to his bathroom get the bath going, head over to the computer cause you gotta have bath jams. We usually get stuck here for a while, as we often break into dance… It used to only be me dancing but now Young Money is coming into his own and recognizes the sound of music and it takes over, good times.

So we dance.
For the most part the music is just the soundtrack in the background of bath-time, every now and then I sing…

But since you been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah
Thanks to you, now I get what I want
Since you been gone

Kidding, I don’t have that track so no I’m not pumping my fist to the Clarkson anthem. [Note to self: Rip download song immediately.] Haha.

Anyhow, there’s usually too much splashing going on to even hear the music, but the other day while I was reading to him he was sitting there quietly when something caught his attention. It was awesome, from the look on his face I could tell that he was no longer into what animals Bert & Ernie liked most at the zoo. His face was a concentrated stare, as if trying to hear a whisper in a crowded room, it wasn’t until he smiled and started to dance that I realized he was jammin’. Who am I to stop him, I’ve gotten lost in music enough times to understand, so I set the book aside and let him enjoy the face melting sounds of Sleigh Bells.



Another song (jingle) that always catches his attention is the one from the iPad commercial, kid will stop everything to locate the TV when hears this. :)

No comments: