Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My 101

Well if you look at the counter above, time is about to expire on me and my list. Well not me, I'm not dying and if I was a counter on my life would just be creepy. With that said, I think I did a pretty good job in completing almost half of my list. Some were fun, dumb, exhausting, educational, healthy and even life changing. Below is what's left to and/or wasn't done.

5. Change light bulbs: (To more efficient bulbs) Uhh, we’ve lived in our house for about 4 years and we haven’t had to change a bulb yet.
6.
Sign a hobo: I gave up on this.
7. Finally go on honeymoon: We WISH.
9. Visit Grandma and Grandpa: I missed too many opportunities to visit Grandma and fear that I’m doing the same with Grandpa. In my defense, my calls often go unanswered or returned.
16. Do one new thing a month: I’m sure I’ve done a few new things since this began but I haven’t kept track.
17. Learn a full song on the guitar: If it takes time and effort… I’m out.
22. Write an original song: I think this takes talent, scratch that, I’ve heard the state of pop music today… I guess I need a few hours, a beat machine, sub par dance lyrics, boobs and blonde hair.
23. Get a bike (
Haro) ride it: I am now waiting on Lil Money.
27. Acquire a new digital camera: I think we’ve been through this.
28. Take a year’s worth of pictures: Working on it.
29. Visit at LEAST one new place in the U.S.: By this I meant city or state which hasn’t happened, but I went to Don Darios this weekend and it was pretty good.
30. Take more pictures of our house and yard: Ehh, nothing worth documenting.
We did lose a tree this season though.
31. Fly a balloon with a note of my 101: Time is about to expire on my list, too late.
32. Buy a CD a Month & write a review: Nah.
39. Host an outdoor movie night: Need a projector and screen, kinda thought I’d have one by now.
40. Host a Halloween party: I think I’ve grown out of this idea.
41. Find a new swimming hole:
5 mile dam.
44. Make a damn good pomarita: Mmm, I might have to do this soon.
46. Bathe cats: It’s a battle that hasn’t recently been conquered… Actually, The Wife did recently bathe Mia (The easy one).
47. Keep records of yard work: We just do it and call it a day.
48. Maintain a Bonsai: Didn’t even try, I have a way with either letting them die or killing them.
49. Bowl with friends/family (150 game): I know I had a couple of good games in March but I’m not sure if I made the 150 mark.
51. Skydive: Crystal, when are we going to finally fall out of a plane?
53: Walk more: What was I thinking when I wrote this, am I a senior citizen, all I do is walk.
55. Write a short story: I wrote one but lost it, true story.
56. Send post cards whenever possible: Really I haven’t gone anywhere; well I did go to Don Darios recently.
57. Work a full week with no personal internet: But how will I blog? When will I find time to read the 94 blogs I follow?
58. Picnic in the park: When the weather is cooler The Wife, Lil Money and I will most definitely get on this.
59. Go skinny dipping: When appropriate.
62. Learn – Crank Dat Soulja Boy: I think I learned it in my head, good enough.
63. Learn how to C-Walk: Still want to do this.
64. Hold my own sign for 15 minutes: Nope.
66. Write my own joke: Cricket… cricket…
67. Carry a pocket sized note pad: In case I’m involved in an intriguing impromptu interview?
69. Purchase my favorite Disney movies:
Stupid vault!
70. Make my own beer: I need to add a kit to my wish list.
71. Make my own shirt: I’m with lazy. Lazy is wearing me. (In other words, hasn’t happened yet).
74. Write a Haiku a week: A haiku a week / I’m admittedly lazy / this haiku is weak.
75. Make a soundtrack of my life: I think of this all the time and haven’t done it.
76. Buy a Bible and read it: Maybe I’ll go to church and “borrow” one… I’ll be forgiven.
78. Ride a train anywhere: What, am I hobo?
79. Buy gifts all year long: Who does that?
81: Enjoy my backyard with my wife: F that, it’s much cooler inside on the couch watching House Hunters.
85. Draw more: I draw a bath for Lil Money every night.
86. Have another “Super Saturday”: Since the first and only one, another has yet to happen.
87. Go to a movie alone: I have too many on Netflix to watch.
88. Learn more about Mexican culture: America doesn’t want them here.
89. Learn about African American Culture: America wishes they never brought them.
90. Learn Spanish: It’s a shame that I don’t already know it.
93. Save a quarter: I have a ton, but I spent them all on
Mocha Frappe’s. Damn you McDonalds and your empty flavorful calories.
98. Pedicure, manicure twice a year: let me just say that my game isn’t quite up to par.
99. Have lunch/dinner with The Cohens: We’ve been slacking on this.
100. Date night with Crystal: It’s a shame that this doesn’t happen.
101. Start a new list: Not for a while.

No comments: